Basic DBS - Pay-per-candidate individual check
DBS checks, also known as criminal record checks, are carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for England and Wales. Reed Screening provide an online solution and market-leading turnaround time for companies looking to screen candidates.
A basic criminal record check will provide details of any unspent convictions an individual may have and is a key element to making safer recruitment decisions and preventing unsuitable individuals from working within your organisation. This check is available across all employers, roles and responsibilities and is not job specific, unless a higher level of check is required.
£30 Exc. VAT
60,000 police checks yearly
0.01% error rate vs. 10% national average
Employees working in England and Wales in certain roles are required to undergo a basic disclosure.
There is no specific eligibility for a basic DBS and it will reveal any convictions, cautions or reprimands that have not been filtered and are considered unspent.
Basic disclosure turnaround times vary between different statutory authorities & with the suppliers who process checks, you should expect a check to take no more than two weeks.
You can use the DBS eligibility tool to find out what type of DBS check you can get for your employee.
If your candidate has an in-date British or Irish passport (or Irish passport card), you can use our Digital ID checking platform (AssuredID) instead of obtaining documents. Click here to use our combined service.
If you require a DBS check for a volunteer in a role that would qualify as exempt for the DBS fee, please contact our team directly using this link.
Why choose us
- DBS Top 50 registered body
- Processed over 60,000 police checks in the last year
- Reed Screening have a submission error rate of 0.01% vs national avg. of 10%
- Chair of the Criminal Records Trade Body (CRTB)
- Average turnaround time is 5 days
Details & requirements
Most common basic identity check documents* are below for your information but follow this link for full requirements:
- Passport and driving licence, or
- Passport and utility bill (dated within the last 3 months), or
- Passport and council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months).
- This check is for employers with a need to screen their candidate/s.
- This check is for candidates based in the UK only
- If your candidate requires international checks, please do not purchase this package. Get in touch to discuss your international requirements.
- Average turnaround time for this package is 5 days**
*Please ensure that you have verified 2 eligible documents for your candidate(s)
**Third party checks can take up to 10-15 working days though this can be longer in certain circumstances