If you work in England and Wales in certain roles, you’ll be required to undergo a basic disclosure.
There is no specific eligibility for a basic DBS and it will reveal any convictions, cautions or reprimands that have not been filtered and are considered unspent.
Basic disclosure turnaround times vary between different statutory authorities & with the suppliers who process checks, you should expect a check to take no more than two weeks.
You can use the DBS eligibility tool to find out what type of DBS check you can get for your employee.
Why choose us
- DBS Top 50 Registered Body
- Processed over 60,000 police checks in the last year
- Reed Screening have a submission error rate of 0.01% vs national avg. of 10%
- Chair of the Criminal Records Trade Body (CRTB)
- Average turnaround time is 5 days
Details & requirements
Most common basic identity check documents* are below for your information but follow this link for full requirements:
- Passport and driving licence, or
- Passport and utility bill (dated within the last 3 months), or
- Passport and council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months).
- This package is for employers with a need to screen their candidate/s.
- This package is for candidates based in the UK only
- If your candidate requires international checks, please do not purchase this package. Get in touch to discuss your international requirements.
- Average turnaround time for this package is 5 days**
*Please ensure that you have verified documents for your candidate(s)
**Third party checks can take up to 10-15 working days